Update as of June 14, 3:45 p.m.
- WCB Online for Service Providers is back online. Service providers can now send and receive secure messages. Please continue to hold on submitting new invoices. And remember, support is always available at support.wcb.ns.ca.
- WCBOnline for workers and MyAccount for employers remain offline, as we work to address issues to create a better service experience when they come back online.
- We continue to process new claims and documents that were submitted during our system transition period as quickly as possible. We apologize for the delays in service some workers and employers are experiencing due to this, and thank you for your continued understanding and patience.
Update as of June 13, 3:00 p.m.
We continue to work to address a number of issues with our online services, and at this time, WCB Online for Service Providers is offline.
Update as of June 13, 9:00 a.m.
- Payments are now being processed. There may still be some delays, but, the system-related issues that were causing payment problems have been addressed. As always, if you do not receive your payment or you have questions about it, please contact us.
- Some workers and employers who have submitted new claims during our systems transition period are experiencing delays in service. We are working to immediately address this challenge. If you have sent us a fax recently, please know that it was received. We are processing these documents as quickly as possible.
- We have addressed a number of issues with our online services and are working to bring them back online.
Our Service Provider portal is now back online, and service providers can now send and receive secure message. Please continue to hold submitting any new invoices. Support is available at support.wcb.ns.ca.
WCBOnline for workers and MyAccount for employers remain offline, as we work to address issues to create a better service experience when they come back online.
We continue to thank workers, employers and service providers for your understanding and patience as we adapt to our new systems. We apologize for inconvenience caused by service delays.
Update as of June 11, 3:00 p.m.
We are pleased to confirm that payments are being processed as of 2:00 p.m. this afternoon.
We have addressed the technical issues that were causing the delay.
Workers who receive payments by direct deposit can expect to receive their payments within one to two business days. Some may be deposited later today. The exact payment date within those days depends on your banking institution.
Workers who receive their payments by cheque should allow a few days for the mail.
We apologize for any inconvenience this payment delay has caused.
Update as of June 11, 1:30 p.m.
Late last week, WCB Nova Scotia implemented new core systems, as part of a long-term modernization. This modernization is updating decades-old systems with new cloud-based software.
There have been some challenges in the early days of implementation.
As a result, there have been some impacts to payments for workers, and some payments are being issued later than usual.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are committed to ensuring that all workers receive the benefits to which they are entitled. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues.
We understand the importance of making this right and we sincerely apologize for the impact it is causing to workers and their families.
Please continue to check this page for the most current updates.